搜索
查看: 8002|回复: 23

[2周年] 山友两周年之环保梧桐登山之西坑溯溪(十队)后记

[复制链接]
发表于 2005-11-1 17:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
山友两周年之环保梧桐登山之西坑溯溪后记
Voluntary work for environmental protection
-----Climbing Mount Wutong in Shenzhen on Oct. 30th ,2005

Event: It was a voluntary work of picking up litter along the trails up the mountain as a way to celebrate the 2nd anniversary of 3hike.com’s birthday. All the volunteers from 3hike.com went to 15 teams climbing up Mount Wutong (梧桐山) through 15 different trails, picking up litter on the way. I was in the team of Beauties and Wolves(美女与群狼队). I guess that the name was a funny, dramatic version of Femmes fatales versus Wolves. We climbed up along the stream which flowing down to the Xikeng (西坑) village.

Oct.30th, 2005, Sunday, most time of the day was sunny, but with relatively heavy wind sometimes, the highest temperature was 25 [$ordm]C.

It was an unforgettable day in my outdoor life not only because of the celebration of the 2nd anniversary of 3hike.com’s birthday, but also because of the positive, teamwork and professional pursuance spirit as well as the environmental awareness that the climbers (backpackers) possessed.

Me, one additional climber I brought (in our words, he’s +1) and Paul (Wuwei on 3hike.com, the team leader) met at 7:30 in the morning, so we could get the gathering site as planned. It’s a little cloudy and breezy. Arriving at the post office of Da wang village (大望村, our gathering site) 30 minutes earlier, there were Xiaoye (小叶) and 5 more climbers she brought already there. They looked all well prepared. We’d gotten some time to kill before set-off. So I went to a small bread shop to have breakfast and met a climber eating there. She’s nice and introduced her treasured favorite outdoor food to me. What kind of food is it? Um…It’s a secret for now. Maybe I will show it sometime when we go out together again.

At the time about 8:40am, all the team members of Beauties and Wolves had arrived, total 21 climbers both registered and additional. We set off then in the breeze.

We headed towards the foot of the mountain at Xikeng in twos and threes along the border of Shenzhen special economic zone, chatting, cheering and with someone who’s called Shelv(摄驴, photographer) taking photos of the march and the landscapes. On the way, our leader Wuwei (无为) talked with us about inventing our team slogan and song. About 2 hours later, we reached Xikeng, the foot of the mountain. It was sunny already. Xiaochong (小虫, the photographer), Yan Lei Tian Shi (眼泪天使), Ru Zi Niu (孺子牛) had made up the slogan and the song, which was agreed by the team members. We rehearsed by chanting the slogan and song several times while we were having a rest. It was really passionate and rousing slogan and song, which made all the members feel excited and full of energy. We headed off up the mountain after the rehearsal.

Climbing up along the stream was a quite wonderful experience. Surrounded by the dense growing trees, vine and the babbling stream, we could hardly see the sky. Just few rays of sunshine shone through the gaps between the trees. It made me feel I was in a tropical jungle. Sometimes we needed to climb big, steep rocks. We checked every foothold carefully before every move. Sometimes we needed to jump from rock to rock. With all the happy jokes, laughter and sometimes whistles, we ascended upstream and all reached an open area with large rocks and a lot of sun, felt hungry and it was about 12:00pm. Oh, lunch time it was! We unpacked and took out the food. I was so hungry and concentrated on enjoying my meal (just bread, I hated them usually). Ha…I did not even notice what others had and did not have the time to respond to the companions’ offers, but was still impressed by Xiaoye’s watermelon and Yan Lei Tian Shi’s lunchbox (’cause I used the cover of the box to store my food). During the lunch, Wuwei inserted the sign of environmental protection into the ground and stood it upright by wedging it with rocks.

After the lunch and a short break, we started climbing again. About nearly one and half hour later we left the stream and turned to another trail with more trees along the mountain ridge. We heard whistles and cheers from another climbing team behind us on a different trail and responded. The whole mountainside was full of happiness and laughter. It took 30 minutes crossing the wood. Reaching another trail named Tao Hua Xiao Jing (桃花小径) at 14:00pm. The team we talked with by whistles before caught up while we were having a break. We greeted each other with tremendous sense of camaraderie as they walked across us.

There was not much litter along our whole trails. That’s a relief to us. I guess it’s because that the trails have not been cultivated as some popular sightseeing routes.

After about 40 minutes climbing up the Tao Hua Xiao Jing, we reached the summit of Mount Wutong. Some climbers in red T-shirts (our uniform) were already there. Many red flags of different teams were flying in the breeze. I waved our team flag joining in them. Around 15:00pm, all the climbers of 15 teams gathered around at the venue on another lower peak. It was a really big crowd of climbers, around 300 volunteers. Some teams started to rehearse their slogans and songs. We did it too for several times. The songs and slogans sounded very amusing so that teams sometimes teased for fun about one another’s song. It’s my favorite part of relaxation after the long time climbing. A short while later, one by one the teams presented their slogans and songs. Climbers in red T-shirts shone in the sun with wonderful songs flying over the mountain top led the activity to its climax.

The last part of the day was eating (this time was having dinner) together which was called FB among the backpackers (FB are the initials of the pronunciation of CORRUPTION in Chinese words, we use it as eating. I guess that’s a way ironical to allude to something in the society). The funny thing was that the FB was not easy for us because of the traffic jam. So we walked along the road downtown until the traffic resumed moving. When we got to the FB venue, it was very late (around 20:00pm). Anyway, we were there enjoying a nice meal and having fun.

P.S.
Team name: Beauties and Wolves (美女与群狼队)
Leaders(头驴):无为,眼泪天使
Team slogan: 要想身体好,周周梧桐山上跑;要想身体棒,美女群狼山上逛。
Team song: 美女群狼,好搭档,好搭档,快乐属于我们,快乐属于我们,向前冲!向前冲!
Team members (total 21): 无为,眼泪天使,小叶,小叶+5,小虫,孺子牛,比野孩子还野,唐吉珂德(张龙),Simpappy,+1,瞬,苹果酸,溜达的石头,+1(Andy),开走时收编3人。

Cheer!

Strollingstone
Nov. 01, 2005
发表于 2005-11-1 17:11 | 显示全部楼层

回复: 山友两周年之环保梧桐登山之西坑溯溪(十队)后记

天啊,跟无为的队伍,也不能学他写英文嘛,过后再慢慢看
发表于 2005-11-1 17:43 | 显示全部楼层

又晕了一次!:~)
发表于 2005-11-1 18:28 | 显示全部楼层

谢谢石头的许多笑话,还有一个少数民主的习俗。
发表于 2005-11-1 19:57 | 显示全部楼层

回复: 回复: 山友两周年之环保梧桐登山之西坑溯溪(十队)后记

无为 wrote:
谢谢石头的许多笑话,还有一个少数民主的习俗。

请翻译给更多人笑笑啊~~~~^_^~~~~~
发表于 2005-11-1 20:45 | 显示全部楼层

溜达的石头 wrote:
So I went to a small bread shop to have breakfast and met a climber eating there. She’s nice and introduced her treasured favorite outdoor food to me. What kind of food is it? Um…It’s a secret for now.

??
Um,next time.
 楼主| 发表于 2005-11-1 21:58 | 显示全部楼层

无为 wrote:
谢谢石头的许多笑话,还有一个少数民主的习俗。

呵呵,很高兴你听到我的笑话而觉得开心!我讲什么笑话了?我都忘了。呵呵,倒是那个习俗是去海南听导游讲的,不知是真是假,呵呵,有意思吧!

strollingstone
 楼主| 发表于 2005-11-1 22:02 | 显示全部楼层

老枪 wrote:
<BR> <BR> ?? <BR> Um,next time.

Huh? :?) Hehe...I did not promise anything. Maybe I will show you what the food is next time when we go out.
发表于 2005-11-1 22:22 | 显示全部楼层

晕!!!!!!跟无为要学会ABC
发表于 2005-11-1 23:10 | 显示全部楼层

终于看完了,看没看懂都装懂,写的very good!up
 楼主| 发表于 2005-11-2 09:26 | 显示全部楼层

回复: 回复: 回复: 山友两周年之环保梧桐登山之西坑溯溪(十队)后记

飘曳 wrote:
<BR> 请翻译给更多人笑笑啊~~~~^_^~~~~~

这里面没写笑话,呵呵,都不记得说了些什么了。谢谢
strollingstone
 楼主| 发表于 2005-11-2 09:29 | 显示全部楼层

爆米花 wrote:
终于看完了,看没看懂都装懂,写的very good!up

很高兴被阅读啊!谢谢!第一次发贴很激动啊!Thank you very much!
发表于 2005-11-2 14:31 | 显示全部楼层

This is Stone's first work! All in English, special and cool!

Beautiful words and nice article!

It brings me back to the day we had the hiking. The happy, meaningful and unforgettable day, along with all the smiling faces of my hiking friends will remain in my mind for quite a while. Thanks for the good article as a remind.
发表于 2005-11-2 14:37 | 显示全部楼层

对了,石头一路编的那首队歌不错,可惜不好意思表演给大伙看!
 楼主| 发表于 2005-11-2 15:57 | 显示全部楼层

眼泪天使 wrote:
对了,石头一路编的那首队歌不错,可惜不好意思表演给大伙看!

谢谢妹妹表扬!呵呵。那还不止是歌呢,还有情节之表演,不过太复杂了:I。呵呵。:8)
发表于 2005-11-3 11:53 | 显示全部楼层

跟着无为开始ENGLISH了
发表于 2005-11-3 11:56 | 显示全部楼层

晕,怎么又是乱码
发表于 2005-11-3 13:14 | 显示全部楼层

[quote]溜达的石头 wrote:
The last part of the day was eating (this time was having dinner) together which was called FB among the backpackers. The funny thing was that 。。。

What a coincidence, we had the dinner with Kelly at the same table,she supposed to join us, but some reason she was later and we started out without her, she is pretty and lovely, so sometimes it deserves to wait, do not give up early for young people.:})
发表于 2005-11-3 13:15 | 显示全部楼层

Great! Wonderful article. My another idol.
发表于 2005-11-6 17:34 | 显示全部楼层

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|山友户外网

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 15:54 , Processed in 0.142290 second(s), 15 queries .